Conestoga Log Cabins has completed many projects for the government. We can save you time and money by using our GSA or AFNAFPO agreements or we can work with you on a custom building. Our Project Managers have over 15 years experience supporting MVR and other government projects and will help from writing specifications all the way through delivery and assembling your log cabins. Below are typical steps for a project to assure a smooth and hassle free project.
- From inception to completion, it is best to plan at least 3-6 months
- Conestoga provides affordable and durable rental options for many MWR facilities, we specialize in log cabins and assembly of the cabins
- Pick a design from one of our many standard models and get a free price quote
- Typical turn-around time for a quote is 1-3 days
Design a Plan (Free at no cost to you)
- Use Conestoga’s Icovia drawing tool and decide on size, # of bedrooms and bath. Typically turnaround time for a quote is within 7-10 days.
- Don’t rush this part, take your time and talk with a Project Consultant to be sure you are 100% percent satisfied
Review your Floor Plan
- After your floor plan is drawn, you will be able to review and sign-off on the plan before you move forward with a full set of plans.
- If requested changes are needed, chat with your Project Consultant and they can get it done for you.
- If no changes are needed, you are ready to finalize your plans and receive a full set of plans.
Buy direct or through a GC
- Think about your options and what will work best for your facility. Buy direct means that you will receive a cabin kit. Government discounts will apply with purchasing through us. If you purchases through a GC, discounts may not apply.
- ($80 per sq. ft. for materials) (35% percent for assembly of the kit materials). The things you will need to plan and budget outside of Conestoga is site work, electric to the site, plumbing, kitchen, bath & HVAC. These things are best handled by a local contractor for the basic standard.
- It is best if your facility can order directly through us, taking advantage of the GSA and AFNAFPO relationship we have established in the past 20 years.
If Bid, We can Assist in Bid
- We can assist in your bid process and help write the bid specifications. This service is free of charge.
- Conestoga will work with you to establish the SOW to put the remaining jobs to bid. As we work together your project will be as cost effective and timely as possible.
GSA, AFNAFPO or direct
The way it would typically work is to discuss project with Consultant and within 4 weeks decide on quality and sizes that will fit your needs. It is usually 4 weeks to submit to purchasing office, 2 weeks to receive the gov’t PO and 6 weeks to receive kit onsite. We will coordinate with the purchasing office for the base to procure the contract and come back to you to arrange shipping.